SWEET project information was made available to colleagues from dozens of countries and was discussed by consortium partner EASO at ObesityWeek 2019 in Las Vegas, Nevada. OW2019 is the largest obesity focused scientific and clinical meeting globally and presented an opportunity to highlight the SWEET project and explore interest among scientific and clinical colleagues in issues around using alternate sweeteners to support health. Delegates at this meeting of over 5000 hailed from across North America and around the world. This year, the event combined both the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery and The Obesity Society; the international conference focused on diabetes. EASO hosted a booth at the conference where we were able to meet with colleagues, promote the upcoming ECOICO2020 in Dublin 17-20 May 2020. https://www.ecoico2020.com and discuss, share information about and promote the work of SWEET and the role of alternate sweeteners in calorie reduction.
- SWEET Consortium member Lisa Heggie presents at the Society for the Study of Ingestive Behaviour
- The H2020 SWEET Consortium: Jacco Bastings
- SWEET presents at American Diabetes Association Meeting
- Non-caloric Sweeteners and Metabolic Health: Ellen Blaak
- Invitation to participate: WHO public consultation on non-sugar sweeteners