SWEET project information was made available to colleagues from dozens of countries and was discussed by consortium partner EASO at ObesityWeek 2019 in Las Vegas, Nevada. OW2019 is the largest obesity focused scientific and clinical meeting globally and presented an opportunity to highlight the SWEET project and explore interest among scientific and clinical colleagues in issues around using alternate sweeteners to support health. Delegates at this meeting of over 5000 hailed from across North America and around the world. This year, the event combined both the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery and The Obesity Society; the international conference focused on diabetes. EASO hosted a booth at the conference where we were able to meet with colleagues, promote the upcoming ECOICO2020 in Dublin 17-20 May 2020. https://www.ecoico2020.com and discuss, share information about and promote the work of SWEET and the role of alternate sweeteners in calorie reduction.
- A Suite of Sweeteners in SWEET
- Did you know? Sweeteners Can Replace the Sweet Taste of Sugar with a Lower Environmental Impact
- SWEET Consortium position: WHO guideline on non-sugar sweeteners
- Editor’s Choice publication in Obesity
- SWEET Project Partners Showcase Research and Prototypes at Vitaconnect Event in Dijon