This new systematic review and meta analysis from Magali Rios-Leyvraz and Jason Montez was funded by the WHO and supported by the government of Japan and will form the basis for their upcoming recommendations. 283 studies were included in the review. Meta-analyses focused on randomized controlled trials, prospective cohort studies and case–control studies assessing cancer, and certainty in results was assessed via GRADE (Grading of Recommendations Assessment, Development and Evaluation).
- Environmental life cycle assessment of production of the high intensity sweetener steviol glycosides from Stevia rebaudiana leaf grown in Europe: The SWEET project
- do artificial sweeteners increase the risk of heart attacks and stroke?
- What is the effect of consuming sweetener blends vs sucrose?
- The Sweetener Erythritol in the news
- SWEET Project: Innovation Advisory Panel 5